Tips on caregiving for loved ones
A caregiver’s priority is to do what their loved one would want them to do. Here are two more tips for making caregiving for loved ones easier. The article from which these tips are sourced from is located here: http://www.horsesmouth.com/10-financial-tips-to-make-caregiving-easier
- Talk with your loved one about their preferences for receiving care
- Are they OK with living in an assisted-living or nursing home?
- Would they rather live at home?
- Is it important for them not to “be a burden” on their children?
- Ask your loved one to write a letter
- Ask them to write a letter expressing their desires and reasons for wishes
- Wills cover wishes and instructions, but this letter can be a reminder to the caregiver of the feelings and sentiment behind their loved one’s wishes